A few weeks ago we started working with seven-year-old Judith. We were concerned because she was about to enter first grade without having attended kindergarten. Judith was not even familiar with the letters of the alphabet. With classes as large as sixty children and no aides, public school teachers are often unable to give students the individual attention they need. Thankfully, Judith is advancing rapidly in the free tutoring classes we offer two evenings a week. She now forms her letters easily and is gaining confidence in her abilities. Thanks to Yolanda (pictured above) and our other dedicated tutors, these children have a better chance at doing well in school. We are grateful to our benefactors and sponsors who make our work possible.
- Working to better herself: the story of Rubí
- New life for Irineo
- Earthquake Relief Effort
- Overcoming shyness and forging ahead
- Why am I so loved?
- Headed for a future filled with hope
- Moving ahead despite all obstacles
- Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres
- Sponsoring a child changes two lives
- Mariana’s Story